We are currently not taking in new registration until the end of September. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be in our next class when it opens!
Pilates works on the body’s core, the centre of our “powerhouse” (hips to shoulders). A strong core relates to a healthy low back, better posture and more functional movement patterns.
You will increase strength, core stability, and balance.
Our mat-based Pilates class utilizes various props to help facilitate core strength, balance, stretch and symmetry.
General Public: $160.00 for a Class Term
MYMCA Member: $99.00 for a Class Term
*2x Class Combo: $189.00 (2 Class Terms)
*4x Class Combo: $359.00 (4 Class Terms)
Trial Lesson Available!
$16.00 for 1x Trial Lesson with an on-going class (subjected to class size & availability). Each person can only sign-up for one trial class.
What are the benefits of Pilates?”
Pilates helps to:
- Build longer and leaner muscles – toning without bulk
- Develops a strong core with flat abdominals and a strong back
- Alleviates back, neck and joint pain by improving flexibility, balance and coordination
- Improves posture and is an effective post-rehabilitation exercise
- Increases core strength, stability and peripheral mobility
- Prevent injury
- Enhances functional fitness, ease of movement
- Heightens body awareness
- Enhance performance in sports (golf, tennis, running etc)
”How is Pilates different from other weight or resistance exercises?”
- Pilates works on strengthening, lengthening and toning your entire body
- Does not build bulky muscles
- Decreases risk of injury by correcting muscle imbalance around the joints
- A mind-body workout where participants are required to engage the mind to co-ordinate the physical movements
- Customized to suit individual needs