Metropolitan YMCA seeks individuals who have a proactive, resourceful, and positive attitude to join us. Email us at email@example.com to enquire more about employment and volunteering opportunities!
INTERNSHIP & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Front Office Manager
- Night Duty Manager
- Front Office Assistant
- Security Supervisor
- Security Officer
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Room Attendant
- Public Area Attendant
BUILDING INFRASTRUCTURE & DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
- Technical Officer
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Restaurant Supervisor
YOUTH LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT
- Youth Executive
- Hospitality – Housekeeping
- Hospitality – Front Office
- Hospitality – Food & Beverage (Service)
- Human Resources
- Corporate & Marketing Communications
- Building Infrastructure & Development Services
- Community Services
- Youth Leadership & Development
- Student Care
SPEECH & DRAMA INSTRUCTOR (FREELANCE)
- Speech and Drama Teaching Certificate
- Trinity/ LAMDA certified qualification preferred
- English Language/ Theatre/ Drama/ Media graduate & undergraduate preferred
- Acting/ performance in related industry would be advantageous but not essential
- A requirement that candidates have related classroom management experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Enthusiastic and committed individuals who are reliable and dedicated
- Deliver curriculum / lesson plans methods to meet children’s need and ability.
- Discuss and demonstrate vocal and body expression to teach the acting styles, character development and personality projections.
- Prepares for classes, ensuring that children are well engaged and having fun during lessons.
- Plan, host and execute parents sit-in presentations / programmes / learning events.
- Handle all aspects of dramatization such as rehearsals, managing props, make-up costumes and stage directions.
- Communicate with parents over children’s progress and participating in Open Class/Annual parents sit-in.
- Teaches voice projection, acting skills and improvisation.
MUSIC & MOVEMENT INSTRUCTOR (FREELANCE)
- Grade 8 in any field of expertise in music from an accredited college
- Knowledge of and ability to implement Orff-Schulwerk program
- Ability to teach vocal and Orff-Schulwerk instruments is preferred
- Passionate about children’s learning development and progress
- Good classroom management skills
- Two to five years teaching experience in pre-school preferred
- Willing to travel to different schools to conduct lessons
- Conduct rich musical experiences to pre-schoolers at MY World centres from Nursery 1 to Kindergarten 2 levels.
- Deliver the lesson with the lesson plan provided at allocated centre.
- Ensure that programmes are implemented according to policies and procedures, aligned with the association’s core values.
- Maintain safety of the children during lesson
- Maintain a good rapport with Principal, Centre’s admin and parents
SWIMMING INSTRUCTORS (FREELANCE)
- Able to work with children of different age groups
- Preferred, but not a must, to have AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety(TSW)/NCAP Level 1 Swimming Instructor
- Lifesaving 1, 2, 3 or Bronze Medallion
- CPR and AED certified Preferably able to commit to evenings and/or weekends Relevant experience in coaching swimming
- Positive work attitude
- No experience or relevant swimming instructor certificate: Up to $15** per session (in-house training and attachment will be provided)
- AUSTSWIM: $20 to $35** per session
- NCAP Level 1 Swimming Instructor: $40-$50** per session
**Subjected to experience, commitment and performance