METROPOLITAN YMCA PRESENTS
Embassies of the World
M.Y Peace Message Competition 2017
In celebration of United Nations International Day of Peace
Winners of this competition will be invited to our Charity Gala Dinner on 20 September 2017!
What does peace mean to you?
Metropolitan YMCA (MYMCA) invites you to unleash your creativity & share your inner most thoughts on what peace means to you by taking part in this nation-wide competition, organised by MYMCA & supported by the United Nations Global Compact Network Singapore and Community Chest.
Open call to all local & international youths:
Category A: 6 - 12 years old
Category B: 13 - 18 years old
Category C: 19 - 35 years old
Participants can choose either one or both of the choices below:
- A) Visual artwork (drawing or painting)
- B) Written form (150 - 350 words)
Winning entries will be used as the Peace Message to be presented across all Embassies, High Commissions & the United Nations during the 'Embassy of The World' event on the 20th September 2017.
- Entry must convey your interpretations of what peace is
- Your entries must be original and creative
- Visual artwork can only be in the form of a drawing or painting
- For written message, entry must be submitted in English
- For visual artwork, submit a picture or a scanned copy of your original artwork;
you will only be required to submit the original artwork if you enter the finalist round
- Kindly state your category (art/written), school, name & NRIC/Passport no. (e.g. Category A (art), Raffles Girls' Primary School, Rachel Tan, S12345678Z)) in the following:
- The lower left hand corner of your visual artwork or your written message
- Your submission email title
- Entry must be submitted in PDF file
- Any entry that does not adhere to the stipulated word count or is submitted after the Deadline will result in automatic disqualification.
- Once submitted, no further changes to the entry will be considered
- Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11PM (SG local time) 8 August 2017.
- 8 August 2017 - Deadline of submissions
- 22 August 2017 - Finalists will be announced & notified
- 30 August 2017 - Winners will be announced
- 20 September 2017 - 'Embassies of the World' event
PARTICIPATION AND JUDGING CRITERIA
Please note that you can submit individually or as a group (max 3 individuals per group).
MYMCA reserves all rights to the submitted works. The participants irrevocably consents to Organiser using and disclosing to third parties, any personal information submitted by him or her, for purposes directly or indirectly connected with the competition, and for other purposes connected with the Organiser's functions.
The decisions of the judges are final, and they shall not be obliged to provide any reason for their selections or to enter into any discussion with participants on any matter relating to the competition. No appeals will be selected.
FINALIST AND WINNING PRIZES
A total of 30 finalists will be shortlisted (5 finalists from each category and each form i.e. visual artwork or written message).
Finalists will each receive a certificate of recognition while the winners will each receive a certificate of achievement. All certificates will be endorsed by the United Nations Global Compact Network Singapore.
Finalists will be invited to be Peace Envoys during the 'Embassies of the World' peace message exchange. Winners will have their entries used as the Peace Message to be presented to all Embassies, High Commissioners and Consulates based in Singapore. They will also be invited to the 'Embassies of the World' charity gala dinner, together with their parents.