Attended by Ms Denise Chan (Assistant General Manager, Active Community Transformation Services) and Ms Melissa Poh (Assistant Manager, Youth Leadership & Developmennt), it was the first-ever national youth conference jointly organised by NYC and People's Association Youth Movement (PAYM). Themed “The RED Project”, it aimed to spark conversations with fellow youth leaders in preparing youths to be future ready in light of the complexities around hidden realities in Singapore and exploration of future possibilities.
The event spotted a variety of engagement mediums from inspiring talks by youth changemakers in their respective arenas of expertise, following with a series of breakout sessions on self and social development (topics include resilience building, self-awareness and social initiatives), and a power pack dialogue session with Minister Mr Ong Ye Kung where participants explored the possibilities of the future pertaining to education, media and youth dreams from a governmental point of view. The dialogue evidently presented the concerns and pursuits of the youth today and perception of theirs and the government’s role in Singapore.
1st Saturday of every month
10am - 1pm
Youth Leadership & Development Department, MYMCA, Stevens Road (Entrance 4, Level 3)
What you can do:
- Share your life experiences
- Teach skills workshops (i.e. effective communication, problem-solving, leadership, project planning, marketing, training and facilitation)
- Raise funds or donate towards the development of our youth volunteers
- Be present to support their events and programmes
- "Like" the "YOUTHsync" Facebook page to receive regular updates or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to join us today either as a participant or a volunteer!